Friday, November 1, 2013

iPad Air

iPad Air


I confess, I'm an Apple fan boy. I know their stuff costs twice as much as the other electronic goodies. I live a rather frugal life. I don't have a motorcycle or a boat or an ATV or an airplane or a giant barbecue or a two car garage or a BMW but I do have an iMac, a MacBookPro, an iPad Air, an iPhone 5S, an iPodTouch, and an iPod Nano. We all have to make sacrifices. 

I've been surprised how much I've used my iPad2 these past couple of years. At first glance, there doesn't appear to be much difference between the iPad2 and the iPad Air. Well, the Air is smaller (with the same size screen), lighter (1.0 # versus 1.33#), faster (at least twice as fast), twice the screen resolution, the Face Time HD  camera has twice the resolution as the iPad2; the iSight camera has too many new features to mention them all including 1080p video recording, video stabilization, face detection, and 3x video zoom.

I got up early this morning so I could join the line at Best Buy, which was opening at 8AM,   in anticipation of a large crowd. I got there about 7:15; no line!! When the doors opened at 8AM, there were only three of us waiting. I was first in line and was out of there in about 5 minutes with my new iPad Air 32GB.

2 comments:

  1. I haven't made the switch yet, but have thought about it. Let us know what you think. Too expensive for me, but maybe when this laptop crashes I'll think about it again. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Unfortunately, Apple products are quite expensive. I've found the iPad to be very useful. You might want to consider an android tablet. There are lots of tablet computers around in a wide price range.

    Roger

    ReplyDelete