Saturday, December 21, 2013

My Fountain Pen Collection

 I have about twenty-five fountain pens in my collection. They cover a whole range of different types of pens from various manufacturers and countries. Most of these pens are currently commercially available.

I do have two or three interesting vintage pens.  This first one is a Montblanc Noblesse with gold plating and a 14 ct. gold nib. This pen dates from 1970's.


The second vintage pen is a Montblanc VIP #1124. This pen dates from 1970's. It is rather rare. This is the only Montblanc pen in existence that was NOT made by Montblanc. It was actually made by the Italian pen company Aurora.


In this photo of Montblanc pens, the gold Noblesse is on the far right and the VIP is third from the right.

The third vintage pen in my collection is an Aurora Hastil. This pen was designed by the famous Italian designer Marco Zanuso and is in the permanent design collection of the Museum of Modern Art in NY.









3 comments:

  1. Wow, you need a separate insurance policy for those beautiful and rare pens. I'm envious.

    ReplyDelete
  2. They are beautiful, aren't they? I used to have fountain pens back in the day. Not to collect, but I loved writing with them. You just never see them around anymore. I guess they are in collections now. Do you ever use them?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't use them too much anymore because they are rare. I have so many wonderful modern fountain pens that I use most of the time.

      Delete