Monday, September 23, 2013

Marin, Home of the Ferrari and Prius


Marin, Home of the Ferrari and Prius



Tiburon is located just north of San Francisco across the Golden Gate Bridge in Marin County, California. It has one of the highest per capita incomes (#26) in the nation.

A day doesn’t go by that I don’t see at least one Ferrari. It seems like every other car here is a Prius.

Tiburon started out as a railroad town. Lumber was shipped by train to Tiburon and then taken by boat across the bay to San Francisco. The original downtown along the waterfront is one block long.

The water front includes the yacht basin and yacht club, the ferry boat dock, and several interesting restaurants.The view across the bay to San Francisco is wonderful and ever changing.

1 comment:

  1. Hi:
    You're in my old neighborhood. Fun for me to read about my stomping grounds fro the perspective of a visitor. And that shot of the Golden Gate reminds me of some of the swims I've done in that very cold Bay.....

    ReplyDelete