Sunday, September 1, 2013

A Little History


I live near Phoenix. I bought a home there in 2009. I realized at the time that I would want to get away in the summer. I proceeded to buy a used Class B RV to test the RVing weather. My first summer away I made it all the way to Portland, OR.

In March of 2010, I bought a 25’ Class C RV. That summer, I headed west again. I went north to Portland and then turned East. I spent the next 18 months touring  the US. 

I have found in the last couple of summers that I prefer to stay in one area for at least a month to get a feel for an area. I’ve also discovered that I’m a city kid. I seldom doondock and prefer being close to a reasonable size town as opposed to being out in the country.

I have also discovered that for a single person with no pets, it’s quite easy to rent a room via Craig’s List. I have a toad so that makes it easy to store the RV and rent a room when the proper occasion arises.

I have been renting a room in Paso Robles, CA for the past two months. I plan to make some future blog posts about Paso.

I enjoy following popular RV blogs: “Me and My Dog and My RV”; “Tioga George” (who just started bloging again); “Travels with Kevin and Ruth”; and many others.

1 comment:

  1. Hey Roger, thanks for the plug! Your blog looks good, I like the background of books. It seems to go well with your title, Musings. :)

    ReplyDelete