Wednesday, November 27, 2013

Duolingo - Free Language Lessons




Duolingo www.duolingo.com is a web site devoted to teaching languages. It's very easy to use. You select the language that interest you and the program starts teaching you the basics. If you have some experience with the language, you can take an exam which will rate your knowledge and give you the appropriate lessons.
During each lesson they use a combination of asking you to translate a foreign phrase to English, write a spoken phrase in the foreign language, and translate an English phrase into the foreign language. When you get a wrong answer, the program immediate shows you the correct answer.

They are currently offering Spanish, French, Portuguese, German, and Italian.

They also have a mobile app for IOS and Android. I was surprised how much Spanish I remembered.

4 comments:

  1. Okay, here I go ... Spanish and French. I just wrote to my son's girlfriend in France saying I'd forgotten so much .... Happy Thanksgiving. Will you be with family and friends? I'll be sharing dinner with other Escapees here in Livingston, TX at Rainbow's End RV park.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooops, it happened again. The link took me back to your blog...

      Delete
    2. Boy, do I need French practice!

      Delete
  2. Thanks, I think I fixed the link. Happy Thanksgiving from southern California. I'm here with the family.

    ReplyDelete