Tuesday, October 22, 2013

Piazza D'Angelo - Mill Valley



Another wonderful restaurant in Marin. Angelo's is a family run business serving high quality Italian cuisine with excellent service.
My dining partner had Branzino Californiano: Pistachio crusted California bass, sautéed fregola sardo, heirloom tomato, green onion, romano beans, Kalamata olives, capers, and mint. Fregola sardo is a Sardinian pasta which looks a little like couscous.
I had Gnocchetti de Faro Al Ragu di cinchiale: Local spelt gnocchetti, wild boar ragu, and organic Tuscan pecorino cheese.
I drank Rodney Strong Chardonnay, my partner drank Prosecco, DOC  Treviso, Carpene Molvolti, Veneto. Venice is the capital of the State of Veneto.
Prosecco is also the basis of a Italian Cocktail, Sgroppino; 1 cup Prosecco, 2 tbl. chilled vodka, 1/3 cup lemon sorbet, 1/4 tsp. chopped fresh mint.

2 comments:

  1. I love D'Angelos. Haven't been there for a while so I must put it on my bucket list for when I'm back in Mill Valley - 2014?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I use to live in Tiburon. Now I visit every year in the Spring and in the Fall. Frantoio Ristorante where they make their own olive oil is also excellent.
    Roger

    ReplyDelete